Saturday, November 7, 2009

Here's the Deal

I love to play online poker; it's one of my favorite hobbies. No, I am not a degeneate gambler, nor do you have to "worry about me" (you'd be surprised how many times I hear that). I play for real money, but none of it is actually my own - I started out playing with a promotional offer from a website that gives away free money for online poker rooms. The assumption, I guess, is that most people will lose this money and deposit their own money in order to continue playing. I never lost the initial offer money, and now I've turned $50 into about $150 over two years.

Yes, yuo read that right - it took me two years to make $100 dollars. Not exactly astronomical profits there. My money making ability is restricted by the stakes I play (I play at almost the smallest stakes possible) and by my free time (I currently have a full time job as well as a part time job). Luckily, the money isn't important to me; I mainly play for the fun and to get better... perhaps for when I decide to become a full time professional poker player (yeah, I wish).

I've recently decided to devote more time to poker in order to improve my skills. This blog is part of my attempt to raise the level of my game. It's also a place to brag about my wins (and vent about my losses).

No comments: