Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hey, Look At Me! I'm Profitable!

I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I stumbled into a little project involving one of the regulars on the Full Tilt Poker message boards. He's working on a strategy guide for a type of tournament call "Super Turbos" - basically, tournaments with fast-rising blind levels. He was giving some money to some people to test out his guide, and splitting the profits with these people in trade for the guide itself.

I somehow got involved, and it seems as if I have developed a knack for these tournaments.

Following his guide, I've so far made a profit of $8.50 from playing these tournies... an ROI (return on investment) of over 100% so far. I doubt I will be able to keep my ROI that high, but it's still a good start. I'm also having fun making a profit for someone else and making money for myself in the process. I may try and run a BAP (buy-a-piece, where other players on the boards invest in your poker game) and see how it goes.

No comments: