Friday, February 26, 2010

It's All Going Wrong

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm so frustrated. Either I suck at poker or I'm going through a tough downswing lately. It seems everything I do turns out badly.

I jumped up to 5nl to play Rush Poker (kind of like Poker on speed), in order to grind out some fast bonus points to earn a cash bonus release from Full Tilt. I'm slightly underrolled for it, but that's not the problem. Neither is the skill level, nor the setting of Rush Poker. In fact, I'm really enjoying the whole Rush Poker thing; it prevents me from losing concentration due to boredom.

Anyways... the problem is the terrible luck I've been hitting. Any time there is a big pot on the table, I seem to be on the losing end. I flop a set in a 3-bet pot, villain flops a straight. I decide to slowplay AK and hit an ace on the flop, my opponent - QQ - spikes a set on the turn. And when I finally do get dealt pocket kings and hit a third king on the flop? My opponent check/folds the flop. Woot.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I'm just waiting for this swing to come back in the other direction.

No comments: