Monday, June 6, 2011

Bankroll Fixins

Unexpectedly, Full Tilt ended up paying out the Take 2 bonus in full into my account! They also ended up converting my $T (tournament credits) into cash. After all of this, my BR at Full Tilt is currently $361.22. Now I have to make some changes to my spreadsheet.

I've made some decisions on how to account for all of these changes. First off, I'm counting the Take 2 payouts as profit, similar to rake payments and such. After all, I did spend that time in order to earn the Take 2 bonus; the profit from the bonus was factored in to my decision to play. I have also decided to siphon off a tiny amount while balancing everything - $11.22 to be exact, which will leave me with $350 even.

Now here's the complicated part - I only have $100 in my Cake account at the moment, due to the fact that my funds at Full Tilt are still "inaccessible." I also didn't have the cash to put all of my money into Cake at once. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to... not sure if the money will ever make it out of Full Tilt, and if Full Tilt frees itself up to US players I will certainly be going back. Anyways...

In order to account for my activity on Cake already, I will pull $100 off of the (theoretical) Full Tilt bankroll to "pay myself back" for the loan I took to start the Cake account. That will leave me $250 to deposit into Cake, which will bring my bankroll to $347.97.

Make sense?

Basically, it's going to look like I made $50 profit out of nowhere. And I kinda did with the Take 2 bonus, but it won't show up on my True Player Profit. That's why I make the two sections on my spreadsheet - to see how much profit I've made, and to see how much profit I've made by playing only.

I know, I know.... tl;dr. But I just needed to get this all out, so I wouldn't be accused of doctoring the books.

Okay then! On with our lives, shall we? :)

EDIT: After all of that, I realized that I built the spreadsheet in order to keep my "misc profits" out of my regular profits. So the above post was mostly pointless, except to explain why my BR jumped from ~$300 to ~$350. I'm still using my total BR for game limit selection. So there.

No comments: