Thursday, February 10, 2011

The MTT Mindset

Out of curiosity, I ran a search on myself at www.officialpokerrankings.com, just to see what type of results I'm getting in these 45s so far (if I were keeping results it wouldn't be necessary...*sigh*). Anyways, I found out some good news... I'm doing pretty well.

I've played in 14 of them, winning two and cashing in two others. My profit from the 45s alone is almost $39 - a whopping 153% ROI!!!

Granted, it's a small sample and I have been running amazingly hot lately (there is absolutely no way I can sustain this type of ROI in the long run), but on the flip side I have taken some tough knockouts. I feel it kinda evens itself out.

Checking out these results helped me learn something. I've only cashed in a small percentage, and yet I'm still wildly profitable so far. I started thinking about the math in these. If I were to only win 1 out of ten and not cash in any others, I would still squeak out a profit. Interesting, huh? That really highlights the importance of playing to win and not to min-cash.

No comments: