Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Turnabout Is Fair Play

Good session tonight. I seemed like an ace magnet tonight, and caught some kings as well. I've taken to the philosophy of not trying to stack off, and instead getting value from my hands where I can. Naturally, I got some people to stack off against me with aces, but most people either folded on the flop or turn. But still, I ended up winning some decent pots for it. Working my way back to even slowly, but not too concerned about my bottom line, to be honest. Once the payment comes in for the Take 2, I'll be rolling in dough!

This hand was a fav of mine tonight. Remember when I complained about losing a hand thanks to my opponent hitting the case king against me? Well, I can do one better...

Runner runner kings FTW!
__________________________________________________________
UTG+1: $4.54
UTG+2: $1.12
MP1: $1.84
MP2: $8.94
CO: $3.75
Hero (BTN): $6.13
SB: $6.06
BB: $11.19
UTG: $14.61

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with Ac Kh
6 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, SB calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.39) Th Jd Ah (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB calls $0.28

Turn: ($0.95) Ks (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.95) Kd (2 players)
SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.45, SB calls $1.05

Final Pot: $3.85
Hero shows Ac Kh (a full house, Kings full of Aces)
SB mucks Qc Kc
Hero wins $3.60
(Rake: $0.25)
____________________________________________________________

Don't slowplay your monsters kids.

No comments: