Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Of Course...

It would make sense that as soon as I begin keeping strict records of my poker playing, that would be the time to hit a tough losing streak. Since the start of the year, I've lost just under 10% of my BR by going through some pretty tough beats (it's not really THAT bad... I have some funds tied up in a BAP that I am not considering part of my BR right now). Either it's bubbling out in 4th losing a 60/40 after two other players stayed alive on 20% fav hands or less, or I'm getting sucked out on time after time. I can't seem to hit any flops, all of my cards look like shit, and I seem to be beat at every turn. It's frustrating.

As I've said before here, I hate to lose. And now it's worse with my results staring me in the face. But I know I'm playing as best as I can in the situations I'm encountering. I mean, When I'm getting it in AK vs A9 and a 9 hits the turn, I can't do anything about that. When I get it in JJ vs a loose big-stacked player and he turns over AT, and the ace hits the river, not my fault. When I get all in pre AA vs. 66. vs. 44 and a 6 is on the flop, what am I supposed to do?

As early as it is in the year, I think I'm going to take a tiny break. At least until tomorrow night, when I may play some Badugi during dinner. Those soft games always cheer me up.

No comments: