Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still Roughing It...

Now it's on to Badugi, where I've been having some success over the past month-ish or so at the 5c/10c level. My BR rules allow me to play at the 10c/20c games, and today there happened to be a game running. After watching the players for a little while - and finding almost no difference in skill level - I jumped in and started to play.

As is the custom lately, I got very little to play (now is the time I get dealt all of the QQKK and AKAQ sets). I did get involved in a hand with this one guy who really had NO IDEA how to play Badugi. In a previous hand, he called a bet after standing pat on the final draw, and showed four spades. So, this happens:

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.20 Limit Badugi - 6 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1118259
The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Draw: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with Qd Jd 4c 3h
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls, SB calls, Hero checks

First Draw: (4 SB) (4 players)
SB stands pat, Hero draws 2, UTG draws 1, BTN draws 3
Hand: Ad Ks 4c 3h
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG calls, BTN calls

Second Draw: (4 BB) (4 players)
SB stands pat, Hero stands pat, UTG draws 1, BTN draws 2
Hand: Ad Ks 4c 3h
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

Third Draw: (4 BB) (4 players)
SB draws 2, Hero stands pat, UTG draws 1, BTN draws 1
Hand: Ad Ks 4c 3h
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG folds, BTN folds

Final Pot: 6 BB
SB shows As 9c 8h 5d (a Badugi: 9, 8, 5, A)
Hero mucks Ad Ks 4c 3h
SB wins 5.7 BB
(Rake: $0.06)

Yup, that's him betting into me after I've made Badugi (a weak one, yes, that's why I didn't raise). He then needs to draw TWO cards on the final draw to hit his Badugi, and nails it. When you play against me, you really don't have to be all that good because the luck takes over, I guess.

No comments: