Sunday, January 9, 2011

On a Positve Note

At least I'm in the green in something!!!

Over the past few days, I've managed to pull into the positive in fixed limit games by playing a few more sessions of 5c/10c Badugi. I knew I'd eventually make it over the hump; the games are SO freakin' soft, it's unbelievable. I'm playing beneath my roll at the moment at Badugi - there was a game going during my dinner break at the proper 25c/50c level, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that emotionally yet. I may watch the table play for a little to get a feel on the skill level at that buyin. If it's not much different, I'm going to jump in first chance I get.

Also, I chucked in a positive session playing 2nl - getting it in AA vs. AK was all I needed. So at least I'm making money somewhere. Still in the hole deep in SNGs, but I know that will turn around when I get some time to start playing them again.

It sounds like I'm obsessing over every session, but I'm mainly just joking around. I know that I do have some semblance of poker skill, and eventually that skill will show through and I will start winning overall. But, just like any other person, I enjoy winning more than losing. And it's nice to know that, even with the rough luck I've been having, I can still win from time to time.

I have off the next couple of days, and I'm looking to get some more tournament games in during that time. I sure hope that this rough patch will pass soon.

No comments: