Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More Different Than I Thought

The tournaments at Cake are going to take some getting used to. First of all, not all types of tournaments are available at all buyins. The regular speed SnG's are available at $1 and $4 buyins, but everything in between are turbos or bounty tournamnets. I tried a $2.50 turbo SnG, but I really don't like the turbo setting. The blinds go up fast and antes kick in quick; I only got to play 2 or 3 hands before I was in shove-or-fold mode. I would prefer to play a super-turbo and be in that mode from the beginning!

I think I will stick to the smaller buyin regular tournaments for now, as well as cash games (I can't imagine how the cash games will be much different than Full Tilt's). My BR will grow slower, but I'm more interested in being comfortable and having fun than "making money." I'm not a professional, after all. Mixing in some MTT's will give me a chance to make some BR jumps as well. Those 30-man SnG's look interesting...

No comments: